- About mummylish
Currently viewing the tag: "flowers"
On Saturday afternoon we spent a few precious hours in my mum’s garden. I love visiting my mum’s house, it is a little sanctuary for me. First and foremost my mum is always there offering a warm cuddle, a cup of tea and a chat. Then there is the house, a treasure trove of special finds. A glance over the latest antique book/pottery/painting she has found always inspires me. When the sun shines we are mostly drawn outside into the country cottage garden which is brimming with roses, stocks, lavender, honeysuckle and peonies calling us to come and play.
I stopped to smell one of the beautiful roses that drooped down heavy with an excess of petals. The sweet scent filled my nose and I was almost instantly transported back to being a child. This is the smell of my childhood. I adored being in the garden surrounded by nature and would while away hours hanging from the top bar of my swing by my feet like a bat. I think I often played with rose petals hence the nostalgia brought on by the smell. I suggested to Littlelish that we could do the same, would she like to make a flowery perfume? And that was it, she was off and busy for hours making a beautiful heady concoction (not sure I will be swapping my fragrance for it any time soon but hey).
How to make a ‘flower’ perfume
You will need
- One obliging granny with a garden full of flowers
- Handful of flower petals, the smellier the better (lavender, roses, honeysuckle)
- A bowl or a tub to mix your creation
- Water to add as required
- A spoon, fork or masher or all 3 to stamp your perfume to perfection
- A bottle or jar to save your perfume in (please note although the perfume may smell wonderful – ours did! I do not recommend actually using this as a perfume)
- I’m a freelancer in creative marketing with a background in design and styling but when I'm not working I'm doing the most important job in the world, being mummy to my beautiful little girl! I love to create and craft and have a passion for colour and beautiful detail. This blog is all about my life, my amazing daughter, my inspirations and creations!
Lish Concepts + Love Chic Living present…
Walk or ride your bike when you can
If you have to go somewhere close consider riding your bike or walking there instead of your car. It is better on the environment and healthier.
- Colour lish
- Craft tutorials
- Funny stories
- Green dream
- Mind and body
- Mini style
- Moodboard Monday
- My favourite Monday
- My life
- My reviews
- Sketchbook 2012
- Style spotter
- Through the eyes of a child
- Treasury Tuesday
TagsArt blog it for babies children childrenswear colour colourlish colour lish competition craft etsy fairy party family fashion fun Funny stories imagination inspiration interiors lands end Littlelish Love luminarium magpie monday moodboard moodboard monday music my life my shop next organic parenting reading relationships review save the children silent sunday style style spot through the eyes of a child travel treasury tuesday valentines vintage vintage books wild things