When I was hosting my pinterest party I pinned a recipe for 58 calorie chocolate muffins that I thought we could try. They were pinned from this site but apparently originally it came from Dashing Dish (although I couldn’t find them on there). Dashing Dish may just be my new favorite website btw. It’s amazing and I will definitely be trying some recipes from there soon.
We didn’t get round to making these on the night (you missed out girls!) and so I have just used the ingredients I bought to make them with Littlelish. The recipe was ridiculously easy, basically you throw everything together in a bowl or a blender, mix and pop in the oven!
Here is the ingredient list:
- 1 and 3/4 cups of oats (I used porridge oats)
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
And the steps we followed to make them:
- I greased the muffin tin using butter (probably added a few calories but nevermind!). You would be better off using paper muffin cases if you have them. I didn’t ;)
- I only have a hand held blender (I know, poor me, I agree!) so I used this to grind the oats down into a fine powder – they pretty much flew everywhere so a blender would be better.
- I then added the remainder of the ingredients (apart from the chocolate drops) and Littlelish mixed them all together with a wooden spoon.
- We then carefully poured and mixed in the chocolate drops and spooned the mixture into the muffin tray.
- We baked for 15 mins on 200 degrees.
They came out of the oven moist, soft with gooey melted chocolate in them. They are divine and I ate 2, which totally and utterly defeats the object of making low calorie muffins but whatever! Note: you are supposed to spread this mixture out over 2 muffin tins to make 24 small muffins of 58 calories. I only used one muffin tin and made nice big muffins which are presumably then 116 calories but that is still pretty good!
Let me know if you try them and what you think! xx