Something that has always fascinated me is trend prediction and the evolution of a new trend. It’s something I studied during my styling education and really captured my interest because it took insight into culture and human psychology combined with design knowledge to predict what new trend may be emerging the coming year/s. Quite often a trend is simply inspired by a new film that is, or is going to be released however.
This Autumn one of the trends you will notice is that for theatrical glamour featuring strong gold and black elements. Inspired by the film The Great Gatsby that is due to be released in 2013, we are harking back to 1920’s Hollywood glamour of the days of F.Scott Fitzgerald. Although perhaps not initially to my taste (I prefer quirky rustic vintage charm) I absolutely LOVE the feel of this moodboard. It’s classy, sophisticated, elegant, not too girly and actually surprisingly warm. The interior image is just divine. I especially love the combination of different fabrics and prints and the mix of black, grey and that lovely matt gold colour.
I’ve combined it with some gorgeous cushions and curtains available from Custom Curtains, this week’s Moodboard Monday sponsor. With so many colours and patterns available it is the perfect place to play pick and mix with different colours and combinations. There really is something for everyone and all budgets (they even have a sale on at the moment). I spent a good 30 mins pouring over all the lovely designs and imagery.
Are you inspired to make your own moodboard? Great! It doesn’t matter what kind of blogger you are… fashion blogger, design blogger or mummy blogger – feel free to link up with us! Moodboard Monday is a collaboration between me and the very lovely Jen over at Love Chic Living. You can follow our theme of The Great Gatsby or create something completely different. The rules are below, and don’t forget to grab the Moodboard Monday badge from the sidebar!
Moodboard Monday is a fortnightly feature where we create a moodboard inspired by a certain theme. The linky is also run by Jen over at Love Chic Living. But that’s not all…. Moodboard Monday is also open to you!
- Create your own Moodboard by either following the theme this week or using your own ideas. The Linky will be open for 2 weeks.
- You can create your Moodboard any way you like, with an actual magazine collage scanned in or photographed or using the computer ie. photoshop, picmonkey, olioboard or Polyvore. You could even use a selection of photos/images in your blog post separately to create your Moodboard.
- You may want to focus on interiors one week and fashion the next, you may want to use your own photography or images – anything goes, feel free!
- If you would like some ideas about how to create your moodboards check out my tutorial on How to create the perfect moodboard.
- Post your Moodboard on your own blog and then link up below.
- You can also link up at the Love Chic Living Moodboard Monday feature too.
- Grab the Moodboard Monday button from the sidebar and include it in your blogpost.
- Comment on others that have linked up and share some Moodboard Monday love!