After weeks of not being able to join in Magpie Monday, with no time to spend rummaging in charity shops I am finally back! And boy what a week it has been. You see as of this week I have a new mission (hopefully not mission impossible) to furnish our 6 bedroom house in Holland ready for new renters in a month!
This is the kind of project I love, but I have to say it would be slightly less stressful had we a large budget. Alas we don’t so I am having to have use every ounce of creativity, style and thriftiness in me to pull this off. Whereas at the beginning of the week the sheer scale of this task had me breaking out in a cold sweat, I think I might actually be enjoying the challenge a little. I went on a small charity shop run on Friday and to a carboot sale on Sunday and this is what I found.
1. A lovely solid country style table with painted legs. It is in good condition and just needs a new lick of (Farrow and Ball) paint on the legs for it to be tip top. £15.
2. A quirky antique leather magazine holder which I just really like. Not sure if this will end up arriving in Holland or if it will be mine! £7.
3. A mirror that just needs a lick of (Farrow and Ball) paint. £1.
4. A bright yellow bread bin. This isn’t old, it’s in far too good condition but I just think it is all sunshiney and warm :) £1.
5. A jug with a cool retro pattern on it again reminds me of sunny sunshine days… I think there is a reoccurring theme here, I want some sun! £1.
6. A set of 6 dishes, small plates, large plates and a serving plate with an awesome blue pattern. My husband and I are not sure if these are too much of an acquired taste even though I love them and something more simple may have to replace them. Oh well I thought they were a bargain for £6.
7. A gorgeous little owl thingamajig (I know there is a name for these but I cannot remember what!) for putting your hot pans on. He will be staying with me. £1.
Have you furnished your house on a budget? Any top tips you’d like to share? (please help!) Leave a comment and show me some support, I have a funny feeling I might just need it :)
I know you are probably eager to see how these beauties will look when completed and in their new home so why don’t you come back next week to find out how I’m getting on!