Britmums seems like a lifetime ago, well it was a whole 2 weeks ago! And so much seems to have happened in these 2 weeks. Firstly I’ve started to work full-time for the first time in 4 years! I’ve also spent more time in London town than I have all year, met so many new people from all over the world and felt totally inspired! And inspiration is such a great, great thing – cheers to that! :)
Britmums live definitely kick started it – what an experience! Having never been to a blog conference before I had no idea what to expect. I set off on the Friday without giving the whole weekend too much thought, after my first week at work I hadn’t had any time to! During the train journey I was nervously excited about what was ahead of me. My new Curvissa dress gave me a much needed boost in confidence, it was the perfect combination of stylish, cute, glam but professional. I teamed it with some lush red heels from Nine West.
The weekend passed in an absolute whirlwind of bloggers, seminars, discussions, speakers and brands that by the end of it I was totally drained emotionally, mentally and physically. I took away so much from the weekend in both blogging inspiration and life inspiration and I’d like to share with you my top ten inspirational moments.
1. Listening to Katie Piper talk about her life, the terrible ordeal she went through, how she came back from it and has now set up a charity working with burns victims. What an utterly, utterly inspirational woman. She left me reeling, thinking about life and putting things into some major perspective. Katie, thank you for sharing your story with us all.
2. Listening to Susan Greenfield talk about the effects cyber / digital / social media on us all, society and most importantly our children. I am a very interested in psychology so this talk had me gripped, I could have listened to her talk all day. Mind opening if a little frightening but I felt comforted to know that in our house books win over ipads anyday.
3. Hanging out with the very awesome Jen from lovechicliving. Talking blogs, babies, families, inspiration, style and brands. A wonderful lady who is very much on my wavelength. I loved hearing her talk in the style panel and getting her input on the discussions we attended together.
4. Listening to fellow bloggers read out their top posts in the bloggers keynote. I was inspired by their brave subject choice, witty writing styles and touching details.
5. Talking with inspirational brands like Panasonic, Parragon books, Butlins and Warner Brothers about their up and coming campaigns and how they work with bloggers. Exciting stuff!
6. Listening to Kirstie Allsop talk so genuinely and warmly about her family life. I admire any woman who can craft so beautifully, work so hard and raise children :) Definitely an inspiration to me.
7. Meeting women from all over the country that share a passion – blogging and realising how strong our united voice can be especially when blogging for causes we believe in.
8. Witnessing the strong bonds between bloggers who founded their friendships online but have gone on to meet up and become an important part of each others lives, providing support and advice to each other. I loved being part of the tribute to Kerry who tragically died last year. Even though I didn’t know her, to witness the love the room felt for her was wonderful.
9. London is always inspiring to me. The Brewery was a stunning location and I loved being the the heart of the city and soaking up the vibe of the capital.
10. Independence. Travelling down and across London, taking part in my first blogging conference, staying alone in the city, meeting and greeting a room full of strangers took me out of my comfort zone, but being surrounded by such inspiration felt GREAT and like the start of something…
A huge THANK YOU to Curvissa for sponsoring me to attend Britmums Live.