This summer we’ve spent some time at one of our favourite places to be, the beach. It’s quite a drive from our house though and on our last visit Littlelish came up with a good idea. She would collect lots and lots of shells for us to try and recreate a beach in our own back garden. You see we are lucky in that our new house has a large garden with quite a few hidden areas. These hidden areas are a little overgrown at the moment but once we’ve cleared them it could be the perfect spot for our own back garden beach. Ok it’s never going to quite live up to the real thing but imagine going down to the bottom of the garden to have a magical breakfast in your beach hut or chilling out with a magazine and your feet up while the little ones play in the sand and with the shells, even organising a romantic dinner for two for your loved one on your own private little beach! Sounds heavenly to me!!
I’ve entered a competition from Waltons.co.uk who make beautiful and very reasonably priced summer houses, outside offices, log cabins and sheds. We’ve always discussed the idea of having one in the garden but can’t decide on who it would belong to. Would it be my home office / craft room or my loves gym / fitness space? Well this way it can be for us all to share… ok maybe it is a little bit more mine, I just love the beach so much!
To enter the competition I had to follow Waltons on Pinterest and set up a board called ‘My Dream Garden ________ ‘ I found loads of gorgeous inspiration for my beach hut including decor and colours and ideas of how to create a backyard beach. Check out my entry here:
Follow ♥ Lish Concepts ♥’s board My dream garden beach hut on Pinterest.
If you fancy entering the competition too, it’s open until the 8th of September 2015. All you need to do is pin your dream garden space to win. Create a pinterest board dedicated to your perfect garden room, think colour, decor, furniture, inspiration and you could win a brand new Waltons Helios Summerhouse PLUS £250 vouchers to bring your idea to life.
How to enter
- Follow Waltons on Pinterest (https://uk.pinterest.com/waltonsgarden/)
- Create a board called “My dream garden ___” – fill in the blank with what type of room it will be e.g. My dream garden craft room.
- Pin your favourite garden building from the Waltons site.
- Get pinning!
- Enter your board here
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is for UK Residents only.
- You must be over 21 years old to enter this competition.
- This is a one off competition to win a Helios Summerhouse
- There is no alternative prize or cash alternative.
- In order to be entered for the prize you must follow the entry instructions: Follow Waltons Garden Buildings on Pinterest, create a Pinterest board called “my dream garden” and fill in the blank of what type of room it will be. You then have to pin an image of a building from the Waltons website. Once you have created your board, submit the entry using the form. Users can only enter this competition once.
- There is no cost to entering this competition and it is not endorsed by Pinterest.
- The winner will be announced on the 8th September 2015 and will be announced via email and on Facebook.
- The winner has 48 hours to reply. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours the prize will be transferred to another winner.
It’s summer and we’ve been enjoying some gorgeous days out together in the recent sunshine. Excitingly we also completed on the purchase of our new house last week. It’s an old Edwardian property that hasn’t been touched for more than 60 years! We’ve got a huge amount of work to do to restore it to its former glory and bring it up to standards required for a modern family but it is just the most exciting project!
The beauty of summer: blooming flowers, gentle breezes and light evenings allow you to open the bi-fold doors and embrace the season. It is also the perfect time for tackling home improvements, we’ve thrown open all the windows, thrown out the old carpets and curtains, spring cleaned and started to breathe new life into the house and the difference is already noticable.
To celebrate sunshine, all things summer and of course my new home, I’ve team up with Everest Home Improvements who are offering my readers the chance to win £150 of John Lewis shopping vouchers. All we need to know is, what is your top tip for brightening up your home in the summer months?
Enter below and give your answer in the comments to be in with a chance of winning. Good luck! I can’t wait to hear your suggestions.
You can follow Everest Home Improvements on Twitter and Facebook to find out more about their windows and offers or visit their website http://www.everest.co.uk. You can also request a free brochure here.
Terms and Conditions
- There is 1 prize of £150 John Lewis vouchers. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Lish Concepts and Everest Home Improvements
- Closing date for entries is 27th July.
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, facebook and tweet on twitter
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
- The winner’s name will be available on request
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
- This is a joint promotion between Lish Concepts and Everest Home Improvements
Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I love a good competition and this is a great one! And oh so easy to enter…
Visiting the Ideal Home Exhibition with Ekornes was a lot of fun, you got to read about some of the highlights in my previous post. Remember I also mentioned something about a giveaway? Well here it is! The lovely people at Ekornes are kindly offering £100 in Cloudberry Living vouchers to one lucky reader.
Cloudberry Living is a lush online shop with a whole host of Scandinavian Designer gifts and home goodies on offer. “Named after the rare handpicked jewel like fruit of the north, they feature iconic designer brands as well as emerging new designers. Inspired by Scandinavia’s design heritage, combining function, form, quality and sustainability in timeless simplistic designs.”
I know who ever wins this will thoroughly enjoy picking out their prize. I also have a few items from this shop myself, including this gorgeous laundry basket from FERM Living and tea towels also by FERM Living which confirm my love of all things geometrical and the colour grey!
All you need to do to enter The Cloudberry Living competition is fill in your details in the Rafflecopter below and the winner will be picked at random. The competition is only open to UK residents. Good luck and happy shopping!
a Rafflecopter giveaway